We're here to help you understand and navigate the mortgage process. Here are a few valuable tips to get you started!
Review Your Financials and Determine Borrowing Power
We recommend you check your credit report before applying for a home loan, as it can help us determine if you're a good loan candidate. You can obtain one by visiting AnnualCreditReport.com.
- Review your credit report and resolve any inaccuracies or outstanding issues
- Pay down other debt, if possible Understand your debt-to-income ratio (a good rule of thumb: your future housing payment totals no more than 28% of your current monthly gross income and your total debt should not exceed 40% of your current monthly gross income)
- Determine the amount available for a down payment
Before you begin the search for a new home, it is a good idea to get pre-approved to see how much you can borrow, and which loan options you qualify for. To help with this, we'll need to check your credit history and gather the information below. If pre-approved, we'll provide you with a letter you can submit with a purchase offer to help show that you are serious buyer.
Please provide us:
- Copies of 2 most recent pay stubs, reflecting 30-day and year-to-date earnings
- Social Security, pension, retirement, or investment statements
- W-2s from the previous 2 years (or federal tax returns if self-employed)
- Copies of 2 most recent bank statements
- Debts, including outstanding loans, credit cards, etc.
Loan Options Mortgage Calculators Contact Us